I’ve been an independent Wildtree representative for the past 2 years now. If you’ve never heard of Wildtree, it’s basically a direct sales (DS) company that started when a Rhode Island mom (Leslie Montie) realized she couldn’t feed her kids typical foods from the grocery store. Her 2 kids had dietary restrictions that forced her to cook everything from scratch. Like many other DS companies, the business took off when people realized the spice blends, sauces, and marinades she made were really good and they wanted to buy them from her.
I can relate to Leslie in the fact that I make a lot of my own personal care products and give them away to friends and family as gifts. Some of what I make is so good people want to buy them from me. Secretly, I would love to really get into making my products at a larger scale and sell them at local farmers markets (just like Leslie did) but I just don’t have the time. Ultimately, my full-time job is as a middle school wellness teacher and that is my first love and passion. Everything else I do is extra.
So what is so great about Wildtree?
In addition to the products being CERTIFIED ORGANIC and therefore GMO free, Wildtree doesn’t use any crazy ingredients. They don’t add boatloads of salt and sugar in their products just to get people to become addicted to them. If you want to learn more about how food companies engineer food to make us addicted to them check out my post here. You get a great recipe for granola bars too!
- Using Wildtree has freed up my time in the kitchen. Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to cook. I have a food blog for Pete’s sake. But I also work full-time & have 2 kids. After school gets out I am just tired. The last thing I want to do is whip up a meal from scratch. But I also won’t settle for feeding my family a bunch of processed junk food for dinner either.
- Because I have more free time on the weekends, I am able to do the things I want to do. I don’t have to spend my entire Sunday meal planning each week so I can make more items from my DIY Pinterest board (hello DIY blush!)
- We eat a variety of meals now. Instead of the same 5-6 meals that I would rotate through each week (does Taco Tuesday every week sound familiar?), we now eat a variety each week.
- My kids’ palates have expanded. Because we are always trying new meals, my kids are eating foods I would have never introduced to them before. They are not nearly as picky as they were a few short years ago. Their repertoire of foods has grown exponentially.
- I don’t ever worry about hearing the “what’s for dinner?” question. I know between my freezer stocked with Make Ahead meals, the skillet meals I have in my cabinet (think Hamburger Helper quick with out the crappy ingredients), and the leftover products in my cabinet and fridge that I can whip up a meal and have it on the table in 30 minutes or less. We have a recipes section where you find tons of recipes that will help you use up leftover product.
Why did I become a rep?
I teach nutrition. My ultimate message for my students is to eat food made from home. To quote Michael Pollan “Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.” The best thing we can do to increase our collective health is to eat food we have prepared ourselves. Wildtree allows me to do that and make money at the same time. By having Wildtree as a business, I make food my business. I love that I can feed my family healthy organic food and it’s a business expense. Ultimately I need to be familiar with the products I sell. When a new menu for our make ahead meals gets released, I need to try the meals so I can help my customers decided if it would be a good fit for their family. I decide how much or how little I want to work.
The Rancher Steak Rub is hands-down my favorite Wildtree product we sell! I literally use it on everything and it’s the #1 product I pick to use when someone has never tried Wildtree before. Yes, it’s amazing on steak (or any protein), but it’s good on eggs, and potatoes too. The Garlic Grapeseed oil is also a staple in my house. Being Italian I am a big fan of garlic. This oil is not only great for high heat cooking, but it infuses an amazing garlic flavor to everything. I hope you like how easy and tasty this recipe is!
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Dice potatoes into 1” cubes & place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add Grapeseed Oil & Rancher Steak Rub and blend well
- Spread potatoes into an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with either a Silpat or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-25 min, or until fork tender.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.